Business Services Accountant
An exciting new role is available at a progressive boutique accounting firm within the entertainment and creative industries. This friendly and passionate team has extensive specialist knowledge, and their client focus – working closely with clients to achieve their financial goals and helping them navigate the complex world of compliance, tax and business – has resulted in rapid business growth. The brand-new office space provides a refreshing take on a typical accounting firm, as does their approach to the workplace and client relationships.
In light of recent success, this quickly expanding business requires a motivated, passionate, and technically strong Accountant that is excited by the opportunity to work closely with a range of niche clients.
This role will allow the candidate to use their current skills, learn new specific skills and apply them to clients in an effective manner, while being mindful that small business requires a unique understanding. The applicant will be capable of working both independently and within a team, while simultaneously managing their client’s expectations and obligations.
The successful candidate will be supported in their professional growth by a friendly, knowledgeable, and open team.
- Preparation of income tax returns for a range of entities,
- Preparation of annual financial reports for Partnerships, Trusts and Companies,
- All facets of client management,
- Liaise with the ATO on client related matters,
- Tax planning,
- Tax and General advice,
- A range of other technical advice and compliance, specific to the entertainment industry.
To be successful the candidate must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- A passion for achieving the best results for clients,
- A small business brain – understand the needs of small to medium businesses and getting the best outcome for them,
- 3 years of practice experience,
- Qualified/near qualified your CA or CPA studies (study support offered), and
- Experience in the entertainment/film industry is desirable but not required.